Feeling Yucky? Need to Detox?
Normally your body can naturally detoxify itself, but it becomes “toxic” when it can no longer clear all the metabolic waste products, environmental chemicals and the food we eat in the Standard American Diet. When the threshold is crossed and your body can no longer clear everything efficiently, all of your cells can be affected – making you sick.
Could You Be Toxic?
A host of symptoms are associated with toxicity, which help you identify if your system needs to be cleansed. These symptoms may include:
- Fatigue or energy crashes throughout the day
- Weight gain or difficulty losing weight
- Headaches, difficulty focusing or mental fog
- Bloating or fluid retention
- Food cravings – especially for sugar or salt
- Digestive problems – constipation, diarrhea, gas or bloating
- Skin problems – acne, eczema, psoriasis
- Difficulty sleeping, waking throughout the night
- Body or joint aches and pains
- Congestion, allergies and sinus issues
- Frequent colds
There are many different types of cleanses, but healthy detoxing should not be harsh. It’s not a diet – you do not need to take drastic measures and starve yourself or restrict your food. You merely need to eat simple, whole foods while you support your body with specific vitamins, minerals, amino acids, phytochemicals and fibre to promote and support the body’s detoxification processes. Cleansing can last 7 days to 6 weeks depending on your specific needs.
If you have never detoxed before, consider booking an appointment with one of our Naturopathic Doctors to learn how a cleanse can help you. We will be guided through a 10-day nutrition and supplement protocol to detox and clean your whole body. With the tools and support you receive, you can experience the benefits of a cleanse as the symptoms of toxicity gradually disappear.
For more information, please contact our Oakville clinic for complete details.